There are two ways of creating a quotation/order.
- If the vehicle already exists within your Stock Book then you MUST create your quotation from the stock record using the 'new quote' button within the individual stock record.
- For factory orders (not in your stock) use the 'new quotation' button in the top right hand corner of the order bank screen. You'll see that you need to select new vehicle from the drop down. Alternatively you can select 'Search Stock Book'.
Either way, once you arrive at your new quotation screen you will see that SalesMaster inserts as much detail into the quote as it already knows. i.e the vehicle, your site, your username etc.
Quotations go three stages to progress to a confirmed order status as follows:
- The first stage is 'Quotation'. To proceed with your quotation you will be required to add your customer contact details under the customer heading which is initially red. Once a customer contact has been added the print tab to the top right of the screen will now be visible. At this stage you can add or amend further details to complete your quotation.
- The next stage is 'Awaiting processing'. Here you can print an order form. To do this you will need to complete two mandatory fields (RFL & delivery date). Once you have entered these the print 'order form' will be available to select from the print drop down.
- The final status to complete your customer order is 'Ordered". Personell set to a managers level can move these to ordered. An order set to ordered is complete and simply waiting to be delivered.
We suggest that administrators and managers all save tabs for the above three statuses to get a complete overview of all orders at any moment in time. For more information on how to do this see the article on Saved and Recent Searches