Timeline’s Search Builder
Advanced searching made simple.
Finding Search Builder
Search Builder is the middle button in the row of icons in the top right of the page. Clicking the button opens the Search Builder panel.
Find the column you want to use to search from the dropdown. The options that are presented in Search Builder depend upon the column you have selected. This guide will feature on the most common options presented. You can repeat search builder as many times as you want to narrow your search.
Is any / Is none
For most columns that do not include dates you are presented with options that allow you to select (or exclude) a number of data values.
- Is any of- allows you to select one or more values to restrict the data shown in your main view. In the example below: only Paul or Sarah’s events would be shown.
- Is none of - your view would include all events except those you specify here. If used in the above example, all events except Paul or Sarah’s would be shown.
- Is not set - would return you events where this column is empty. A great way of checking data quality.
For all date columns the range of options you’re offered allow you to successfully narrow your search.
- Where it has ‘DATE’ in the option name - You can select a specific date from the date picker calendar. This allows you to control the date range entirely.
- ‘Is’ / ‘Is after’ / ‘Is before’ - We call these options dynamic dates. They allow you to specify a date range (such as ‘Today’, ‘This Week’, ‘This Month’ etc.) and they will change over time to always show you events that match. For example, tomorrow the ‘Today’ option will not include the events it would today. We strongly recommend using dynamic dates with Timeline.